Booking Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. Chalet Grand Paradis, Chalet St Georges, Chalet Destin, Chalet Gentiane, Chalet Robri, Apartment la Ranche, Chalet Iona, Chalet Bennett, Chalet Fleur des Alpes, Chalet Mimosa, Chalet les Eglantines & Apartment Rufus (‘the property’) are offered for hire subject to confirmation by Joanna Miller (‘the agent’) to the renter (‘the client’).
2. The balance of the total cost is payable 6 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received, the agent reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 6 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation of your booking must be made in writing. The following cancellation charges will apply:
|Cancellation received 6 weeks or more prior to arrival||Loss of deposit|
|Cancellation received 4-6 weeks prior to arrival||50% cancellation charge|
|Cancellation received less than 4 weeks prior to arrival||100% cancellation charge|
4. The client is recommended to arrange comprehensive travel insurance which includes cancellation cover.
5. A security deposit of €400 (or GBP400) for each booking is required against breakages and damage to the property and its contents. This deposit shall not limit the client’s liability to the agent. The deposit is payable with your final payment and will be refunded once the property has been checked and it is found that no damage has occurred. Some damages may not be immediately obvious to the Agent upon your departure. The Agent reserves the right to charge you for any damage noted in the property after your departure.
6. The property will be cleaned in readiness to welcome you on your arrival and you are asked to leave the property and its contents as you expect to find them – it is essential that you leave the property clean on your departure. As a minimum you are expected to leave the kitchen (all tableware, utensils and appliances like the oven and fridge) completely clean, to strip all the beds and empty all the bins.
You are responsible for the cost of extra cleaning if the property is left in an unreasonable state and deductions will be made from your security deposit.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day.
8. The maximum number of people to reside in the property should not exceed 12 people.
9. Price includes all electricity (central heating & hot water) and logs for the fire.
10. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition with all parts of the property in a good state of repair at the end of the rental period. The agent reserves the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition including the cost of laundering any curtains, upholstery or bedding where necessary.
11. The client also agrees not to act in any way to cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
12. The client shall report to the agent without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in the property or garden. Arrangements for repair/replacement will be made as soon as possible and the client will permit access by the agent for this purpose.
13. The agent shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment or appliances in the property or garden. Nor for any loss, damage, or injury, which is the result of any adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the agent. The agent is also not liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In such an event the agent shall within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
14. Under no circumstances shall the agent’s liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the client for the rental period.
15. The client will not remove any of the contents from the property or make any addition or alteration to the property.
16. The agent may in exceptional circumstances be required to cancel the booking in which case a full refund of all monies paid will be made to the client.
17. The agent shall have no liability for personal injury or death. No liability is accepted by the agent in respect of damage to or loss of personal property of the client. The client is responsible for insuring his own contents and personal effects kept at the property.
18. No pets are allowed in the property.
19. No smoking is allowed inside the property.